Friday, October 17, 2008

One of my favorite car is Volkswagen Golf GTI Mark V (Generation 5). Actually, I really fall in love with the car.

In Brunei, the GTI is distributed by Maju Motors. This morning, during their Hari Raya Open House and The Launching of VW Tiguan ceremony, I have the opportunity to take take some photos of Volkswagen Golf GTI at their showroom.

The one that is on display today (17th October 2008) have blue graphite pearl effects body color. I like the colour very much, but, may be I like black pearl effects more.

A blue graphite pearl effects Volkwagen Golf GTI Twin exhaust tailpipes
The GTI badging at the back
The Volkswagen emblem (in front)
Honey comb front grille with a red stripe: A view from the right side
Chrome GTI badge on the front grille
Honey comb front grille with GTI badge and VW emblem: A view from left side
Indicator on the side mirror
The red painted brake callipers
The tyre brand "Continental"
The tyre size and rating: 225/40R18 92V
The wheel: 7.5in J x 18in "Denver" alloy wheel. I like Denver wheel, but I like 18in x 8in "Khartoum Wheel" (a Genuine Accessory) better for more aggressive look.
Headlight. I guess this is the bi-xenon headlight.
Headlight
Automatic speed: Golf GTI that is sold in Brunei has 6-speed DSG. DSG provided smooth and fast gear changes.
DSG
Sport leather seats and leather rimmed three-spoke steering wheel, with GTI badging

p/s: In order to have one, you must ready to pay nearly BND900 per month for 7 years (84 months)…This is a lot of money according to my current level of income…Need to have some ideas of how to get it…For the time being, I just need to put the red stripe in the front grille of my black Suzuki Swift (just like a few Swift owners did to their cars).

Next year, Volkswagen will launch Golf GTI 6th Generation. I do not know if the 6th Generation will able to attract my same attention as the 5th Generation. So far, by looking at the photos that is released to the press recently, I think the 5th Generation looks better than the 6th Generation. I guess, the 6th Generation’s front grilles does not make it look Golf GTI, and it make somewhat look like a Volkswagen Scirocco.

One of the sale consultant at Maju Motors offers me a test drive of the Golf GTI with his own one. I like to; but at present, I prefer to take a comprehensive photos of Golf GTI.

(Photos: Abdul Rashid Haji Tahir. Taken on 17 October 2008)

Related article:

PeachPit (Pearson Education)

ANY COMMENTS, PLEASE SEND YOUR E-MAIL TO:

abdul_rashid.tahir@yahoo.com