Friday, August 28, 2009
28th August 2009, Friday --Today, 7th Ramadan 1430H, I visited the Gerai Ramadan at the parking lots of Stadium Negara Hassanal Bolkiah for the second time. Actually, this was my outing together with the others in Brunei Forever Forum (BFF).
I prefer the kuih malaya which has more sweetened milk topping that make it felt creamier at the center. And, my daughter and son like to eat pancake, including kuih malaya, dipping with sweetened milk.
(Photos: Abdul Rashid Haji Tahir. Taken on 28th August 2009, Friday)
27th August 2009, Thursday –One of the unique of Ramadan in Brunei Darussalam is His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah make a personal contribution in the form of dates to all Muslims in Brunei Darussalam regardless their ages and nationalities.
This year, each individual receives 300g of Safawi dates packed in a small plastic container. The container is put inside a nicely designed gift box. A total of 134.5 metric tonnes of the dates are distributed. The dates were supplied Al Madinah Dates Company, Saudi Arabia. They were shipped from Saudi Arabia to Brunei Darussalam in 10 chilled containers to maintain their freshness.
The official launching ceremony for the distribution of personal contribution of dates by His Majesty was held on 3rd August 2009, Monday at the Chancellor Hall of University of Brunei Darussalam.
And, my family also have the opportunity to receive the Kurma Kurnia Peribadi KDYMM through our village leader (Ketua Kampung).
(Source: Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah and Pelita Brunei)
(Photos: Abdul Rashid Haji Tahir. Taken on 11 August 2009)
- Pelita Brunei: Kurma kurnia diagihkan kepada umat Islam di negara ini.
- Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah : Majlis Pengagihan Kurma Kurnia Kebawah Duli Yang Maha Mulia Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mui'zzaddin Waddaulah Sultan Yang Di-Pertuan Negara Brunei Darussalam Sempena BulanRamadhan 1430H/ 2009M.
- Pelita Brunei: AJK Pembahagian Kurma Kurnia Kebawah DYMM dilantik
- Al Madinah Dates Company.
- Abdul Rashid’s Blog: The Unique of Ramadan in Brunei Darussalam: Kurma Kurnia Peribadi KDYMM 2008.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
22nd August 2009, Saturday -- Today is the first day of Ramadan in Negara Brunei Darussalam. One of the main things that is available only in the month of Ramadan is Gerai Ramadan (Ramadan Foodstalls). The foodstalls sell a large variety of foods and drinks to break the fast.