Saturday, October 31, 2009
31st October 2009, Saturday --Teachers from Sekolah Rendah Tentera Laut Diraja Brunei (SRTLDB), Muara held the Teachers' Day celebration ceremony at Paradise Mangrove Resort, Sungai Belukut on 29th October 2009, Thursday.
Brunei Darussalam celebrates Teachers' Day on 23rd September every year. This year the 23rd September falls on 3rd Syawal 1430 Hijrah when pupils and teachers were still on 3rd term school & Ramadan and Syawal special holiday as well as in Aidilfitri celebration mode. Therefore, the celebration ceremony is postponed until 5 November 2009, Thursday. The ceremony will be held at International Convention Center, Berakas. The theme for this year celebration is "Guru Berkualiti Teras Kecemerlangan Pendidikan"
We, at SRTLDB, celebrated our own day one week earlier due to most us will attend some briefing, workshop, course, etc. in the whole November 2009.
(Photos: Abdul Rashid bin Haji Tahir. Taken on 29th October 2009, Thursday)
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
28th October 2009, Wednesday - This afternoon, I went to a bazaar that is held at University Brunei Darussalam (UBD) in conjunction with its Convocation Festival 2009 ("Pesta Konvo"). My "mission" is to get a taste of Ahad's Burger. Ahad's Burger has been introduced to me through a photography forum i.e forum.bruneiforever.com by its members.
(Photos: Abdul Rashid bin Haji Tahir. Taken on 28th October 2009, Wednesday)
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
27th October 2009, Tuesday -- I was attending a briefing on the Orientation Workshop for the Year 2 Science Teacher (2010 session) that was held at the Main Hall of New Ministry of Education Building on 17th October 2009, Saturday. The briefing and then the workshop was organised by Science and Agriculture Unit, Curriculum Development Department, Ministry of Education.
(Photos: Abdul Rashid bin Haji Tahir. Taken on 17th October 2009, Saturday)
Monday, October 26, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
23rd October 2009, Friday--Canon unveils Canon EOS 7D DSLR on 1st Sepetember 2009.
• Canon EOS 7D body only: SGD2,699.
• Canon EOS 7D Kit II ( body plus EF-S 18-135 IS lens): SGD3249
• 18 APS-C CMOS Sensor
• 3:2 aspect ratio
• 14 bit A/D conversion
• 8 fps image capture
• Dual “Digic 4” processors.
• ISO range: 100-6400. Expandable to 12,800.
• EOS Movie captures Full HD movie, with *.mov recording format.
• Magnesium alloy body.
• Clear View II 3in 920K dots VGA LCD monitor with a viewing angle of 160%.
• EOS integrated cleaning system with flourine coating
• 19 cross-type AF points.
• Storage: CompactFlash
• Metering mode: Evaluative(linked to all AF points), Partial (9.4% at center), Spot(approximately 2.3% at center), and center-weight average.
• Metering: TTL full aperture metering with 63 zone Dual Layer SPC
• Viewfinder: 100% frame coverage, eye-level pentaprism
• LCD Live View: Live TTL display of the scene from CMOS image sensor with 100% coverage
• High shutter durability of approximately 150,000 cycles
(Photos: Courtesy of Canon USA. The photos are the press release photos that are available at their PRESS ROOM)
And feel free to become a Canon EOS 7D DSLR fan at its FACEBOOK fan page.
- Canon Singapore: Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 7D microsite
- Canon USA Press Room: Press Relese—Canon USA Redefines Mid-Range DSLR Category with the New EOS 7D Digitak SLR Camera
- Digital Photography Review: Canon Unveils EOS 7D High-End Digital SLR
- Digital Photography Review: Canon EOS 7D Preview by Richard Butler and Lars Rehm (September 2009)
- Digital Photography Review: Lexar Introduces Professional 600x Compact Flash Memory Card to Enhance Professional Digital Photography Experience
- Digital Photography Review: Canon posts firmware update for EOS 7D
- Imaging Resources: Canon EOS 7D
- Dphoto Journal: Canon EOS 7D
- Let’s Go Digital: Canon EOS 7D Preview (6 September 2009)
- Canon Field Reviews by Ole Jorgen Liodden: Canon7D (Beta) in the field
- Photography Blog: Canon EOS 7D Review by Mark Goldstein
- The Brunei Times (30th October 2009, Friday): New Canon Camera Snaps Top-End Figures For Launch (Updated! on 30th October 2009)
- Borneo Bulletin/Brudirect (30th October 2009, Friday): Interhouse Launches Canon EOS 7D DSLR (Updated! on 30th October 2009)
- Digital Photography Review: Canon EOS 7D Review by Lars Rehm and Richard Bultler (Updated: 7th November 2009)
- Darwin Wiggett: The Canon EOS 7D - The Camera We Want To Love (Updated: 13th November 2009)
p/s: This is my wishlist...I really like this camera. And I am waiting for Canon to unveil their latest and improved edition of one of their lenses i.e EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Mark II lens.
Labels: Canon EOS 7D DSLR
Friday, October 16, 2009
16th October 2009, Friday -- Suzuki Swift Sport is officially in Brunei Darussalam by Boustead in a ceremony that was held on 11th October 2009, Sunday at their Suzuki showroom.