Sunday, January 18, 2009
18th January 2009, Sunday – My main reason going to Sheraton Utama Hotel today was to attend “Learn How To Be Rich Workshop” that was held at Mutiara Ballroom, Lobby Level from 3.00pm to 5.00pm. The workshop was organized by Success Resources Sendirian Berhad.
p/s 1: To know more about how to be rich (and other related), you may have to spend from hundred to thousand dollars to attend seminar or workshop that are presented by world number 1 trainer/motivator either in Singapore or in Kuala Lumpur. The following websites may give you further details about how to be rich: www.SuccessResourcesAsia.com/RichDad & http://www.richdad.com/
p/s 2: I hope I can attend such seminars/workshops sometimes in the future. For the time being, I need to revise reading the books by Robert Kiyosaki to understand further the contents of today’s workshop.
p/s 3 : The following are some of my notes taken during the workshop:
- In order to be successful you must have compelling reasons.
- The bigger the WHY, then come the HOW.
- In order to be successful, you must have a balance between your ‘lifestyles’ and your ‘contributions’.
- Break the vicious cycle.
- Remember everything you do: Every action has a reaction.
- There are 3 types of education: academic, professional, and financial. Financial education is about managing, creating, and sustaining wealth.
- Main recipe for success: LEARN & MODEL.
- Financial freedom: Being financially free can be measured in term of number of days you can survive (financially, I guess) by stopping work tomorrow.
- True financial freedom is about your lifestyle (including health, I guess), money, and time.
- Asset is something that can create you income, such houses that give rental income.
- Liabilities is something that make you pay for, such as your car that need to be paid its monthly instalment, fuel, servicing, etc.Eventough you fully owned the car, it is still a liability because you still have to pay for its operation and maintainance.
- Opportunity come unannounced.
- React fast when opportunity come.
- Don’t rely on saving (only) for your retirement.
(Photos: Abdul Rashid bin Haji Tahir. Taken on 18th January 2009, by using Sony Cybershot DSC-W130)