Friday, May 15, 2009
There are 33 contributors, including Anak Brunei, a photo blogger. The book is divided into three sections: appetizer & party suggestions, main dishes, and desserts. By looking at the photos and the recipes, I like to try to make and/or to taste a few of them:
- Cucur Ayam, by Ihsan HZ.
- Potato-Ed Out, by Ani Anuar.
- Buttermilk Chicken, by Ihsan HZ.
- Quick and Dirty Lamb, by Reeda Malik (the simplest recipe among all).
- Tiramasu, by Nurolaini Kifli.
- Snickers Chocolate Cheesecake, by Irene Shahri (I eager to know how it likes when Snickers Chocolate and cheesecake come together).
Lastly, there is a Special Edition of the book. It was sold through an auction for BND5586.
- “Special Olympic Carnival 2009: My Favorite Recipes by Foodie Bloggers” by Maurina Haji Abdul Hamid.
- “Special Olympic Bazaar” by Senor Pablo
“Ultimate Foodie Bloggers Challenge” by Senor Pablo
- “Special Olympics Charity Bazaar” by Reeda Malik (Anak Brunei)
- “My Favourite Recipe Auction on Radio” by Maurina Haji Abdul Hamid
The book was first advertised by Rozan Yunos at his blog, bruneiresources.blogspot.com, on 3rd May 2009, Sunday. And I bought the book at Bismi Serusop one day after (4th May 2009) for BND12.00.“The Golden Warisan Brunei Darussalam, Volume 1” is a compilation of articles from “The Golden Legacy” weekly column in The Brunei Times that were published in 2007. All articles were written by Haji Mohammad Rozan bin Dato Paduka Haji Mohammad Yunos (Rozan Yunos).
The book is published by Rozan Yunos himself. In addition, he also did the book cover, typeset and the layout. The book has 238 pages of 40 articles on Brunei heritages. It covers from the story of bersunat to the story of place names in Brunei Darussalam.
It is an interesting book to read. I am not a person who like to read history book much. But, the way of the articles were written and the stories that were told do attract my interest. I have not finished reading the book yet because I read just a few articles per day.
(Photos: Abdul Rashid bin Haji Tahir. Taken in May 2009)
Labels: Book Review