Wednesday, November 04, 2009
4th November 2009, Wednesday – According to press reports (The Brunei Times, 4th November 2009: Brunei gets first shipment of H1N1 vaccines; Borneo Bulletin/Brudirect, 4th November 2009: First Batch of Flu Vaccine Arrive), 1500 doses of H1N1 vaccines arrived on 2nd November 2009, Monday.
Pehin Orang Kaya Indera Pahlawan Dato Seri Setia Haji Suyoi bin Haji Osman, Minister of Health, says:
- 900 from the 6000 doses is allocated for Haj pilgrims. Ministry of Health will send doctors to give the vaccines to Hal pilgrims at Mekah and Medinah.
- The remaining 5100 doses (out of the 6000 doses) will be given to frontline workers.
- The vaccines would be given FREE to all residents in Brunei Darussalam, including the foreigners. But, travellers passing through Brunei are not eligible for the vaccines.
- Ministry of Health encourages people to obtain the vaccination.
- Public will be vaccinated AFTER the Ministry of Health’s frontline workers and chronic patients get vaccinated.
Dr Hajah Rahmah binti Haji Mohammad Said, Director-General of Health Services, says:
- One can be vaccinated if only he/she is fever free and in good health.
- Before receiving the vaccination, one have to give their CONSENT and undergo COUNSELLING SESSIONS.
- Children aged 6 months to 10 years needed to be vaccinated twice i.e 4 weeks apart.
- Children aged 10 years above and adults only need one dose.
- Medical News Today (8th October 2009): WHO Emphasizes H1N1 Vaccine Safety
- US News and World Reports (15th October 2009): Opinion: Whether to Get the H1N1 Vaccine.
- World Health Organization (WHO): Vaccines for Pandemic Influenza A (H1N1)
- Flu.Gov: Know To Do About The Flu
- NeuroLogica Blog (17th August 2009): H1N1 Vaccine and GBS
- CNN (1st October 2009): What to know about getting H1N1 vaccine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC USA): Q&A 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccine
- Reuters (6th October 2009): WHO says H1N1 vaccines safe, urges mass take-up
- Public Health Agency of Canada: H1N1 Vaccine Information
- Borneo Bulletin/Brudirect (6th November 2009): Haj Pilgrims Receive Vaccination (Updated: 6th November 2009)